**Minutes of the STRA AGM 2020 are here. **


Football Village on Potters Fields Park, 5 June - 15 July, 2021

The Greater London Authority will host a football festival on Potters Fields Park as part of the UEFA European Championships in June and July. The event will run from 11 June to 11 July. Set up is scheduled to start on 5 June and breakdown will continue through 15 July.

 

 Some information about the festival: 

  • England matches, matches that begin at 20:00pm on Sundays and the final will not be screened on the Park. 
  • Festival bars will close one hour before the event ends each evening. 
  • 24 hours security will be on site throughout the festival. 

Should you experience any issues during the festival, you can contact the organisers by email or phone:

 

Email: fanzones@jackmorton.co.uk (it may take up to 24 hours to receive a reply)

 

Phone: 0203 475 3875. The phone line will be open between 8:00-20:00 from 5-10 June, 8:00-23:00 from 11 June-11 July and 8:00-20:00 from 12-15 July. 

 

ADDITIONALLY: on Sunday, 13 June, Tower Bridge will be hosting a separate UEFA event, meaning that Tower Bridge Road will be closed to vehicles from Tooley Street to East Smithfield.

 

You can find more information about the festival on the GLA website.

 

Download the letter sent to residents by the GLA here:

 

Download
GREATERLONDONAUTHORITY.pdf
Adobe Acrobat Document 912.4 KB

Reporting Noise Nuisance from Party Boats

 

This multiple choice form (link below) generates an email that arrives in your inbox. You need to forward the email to Southwark and the LPHA (email addresses provided in the form). The information is automatically uploaded to a spreadsheet so we can keep track of the most problematic boats.

 

Boats that conceal their names can be identified using the MarineTraffic app. The current most problematic boat is the River Room, which is recently renamed and shows up on the app as ‘Harmony’.

 

The link to the form is here:

https://forms.gle/UYk5mzau5M2ttEuy9

 

The email to use if you have a question is thamespartyboats21@gmail.com


Public Meeting Follow Up

 

More than 140 people participated in the April public meeting convened by STRA and Councillors Hamish McCallum and Humaira Ali to discuss anti-social behaviour in the area with representatives of the Met Police Southwark Council, More London, Potters Fields Park, and Team London Bridge (please find minutes from that meeting attached to the item directly below this one). 

 

In a follow-up call on 3 June, those same stakeholders reported on the steps that have been taken to help alleviate this behaviour. The police, the Park and the Council have all provided extra security over the last two months, which has resulted in a reduction in ASB. Other steps include extra cleaning, bins, lights, CCTV, and signage in the area. Stakeholders reported a rise in ASB across the borough in recent months. 

 

In addition, both the Park and More London reported that as part of the summer programming they have planned, they will both be providing additional temporary toilets for the summer months, hopefully improving conditions for Shad Thames residents and businesses. 

 

The police continue to urge residents to report anti-social behaviour by calling 999 while the behaviour is in progress or 101 after the fact. 

 

There will be another check-in later this summer to be sure that the situation remains stable.


Public meeting - Wednesday, 14 April at 7:00pm

This meeting took place with around 147 people joining the Zoom call.

 

The purpose of the meeting was to give area residents and business owners a chance to hear from the Police, Council officers, and representatives of More London, Potters Fields Park, and the local business district about the actions they are taking in response to the events of last weekend and their plans for the reopening of licensed premises like pubs and bars. It was also an opportunity for residents and businesses to share their experiences and ask questions.

 

The meeting was chaired by Councillors Humaira Ali and Hamish McCallum.

 

The speakers were:

 

Southwark Council – Jackie McGeever, Manager Southwark Anti-Social Behaviour Unit

Met Police – Inspector Tom Cornish, Neighbourhood inspector at @MPSSouthwark.

Potters Fields – Sheila Benjamin, Chief Executive, Potters Fields Park Trust

More London – Magnus MacAulay, Estate Director, London Bridge City

Team London Bridge – Nadia Broccardo, Executive Director at London Bridge Business Improvement District

 

STRA would like to thank all the participants for their time and contribution to the discussion.

 

A summary of the questions that were posted during the meeting, along with answers from contributors will be compiled and distributed to all the attendees in the coming weeks.

 

Minutes from the meeting can be downloaded here:

Download
Report of PUBLIC MEETING held 14 April 2
Adobe Acrobat Document 123.9 KB


Street Lighting

Update 2 June

 

The project is nearing completion and local residents will shortly be reviewing the installation and updating the Council on any issues they identify.

 

Update 15 April

 

While there is currently no firm completion date, all electrical (supply cable) issues that have plagued this area for years are being addressed and this is slowing the progress.   The Council team stress that when finished the work will be completed to a high standard and will give many years of faultless performance.

 

Update 4 March

 

There is now temporary lighting in place in Shad Thames.  Please note that this lighting is very bright, with a colour rating of around 4.5-5k.  The planned permanent lighting will have a colour temperature of 3k, soft warm light.

 

 

-------------------------

 

February 2021

 

The Council has begun work on upgrading the whole street lighting network in the Shad Thames area.  This is a strand of the wider Streets Project that has been in the works since 2017.  (The project is on hold during the Covid pandemic).

 

The current lighting, which has reached the end of its life, will be upgraded or replaced with more sustainable and efficient systems which will reduce carbon emissions and save on energy and maintenance costs. The project is still scheduled to complete by the end of March 2021.  Here is the Council’s latest update. 

  • All materials ordered and in production (wall brackets have been delivered).
  • Painting has started and weather permitting will tie in with completion of the project. Sign posts and all feeder pillars added to the paint programme.
  • Specialist contractors have been assigned for the installation (chemical fixing) of wall brackets due to start last week of the month.
  • It’s been identified that some/most of the underground cables are end of life and will be replaced along with electrical feeder pillars being updated as part of this project. 

During the build temporary lighting may be installed so as to make sure the area is well lit and safe for movement. This will be used sparingly and for the shortest time possible.


Butler’s Wharf Riverside Trust Design Competition

3 December 2020

 

The Tide Line – an evocative landscape designed by Ludwig Willis Architects with Structure Workshop and Howard Miller Landscape and Design – has been revealed as the winning concept in the LFA and Butler’s Wharf Riverside Trust’s ‘Reimagining Butler’s Wharf’ competition.

 

Full details here:

 

https://www.londonfestivalofarchitecture.org/competition-winner-revealed-reimagining-butlers-wharf/

 

STRA has supported BWRT in principle and through financial contributions since its inception. The announcement of the winner is a major step forward for this project. 

 

You can also follow BWRT on Twitter (@bwriverside) and on Instagram (@butlerswharfriverside) and visit their website: www.butlerswharfriverside.org 



EWS1 Regulation

STRA held a meeting regarding EWS1 regulations on 12 November.  A note of the meeting is opposite.

 

At the Council Assembly Ordinary Meeting Wednesday 25 November 202 07.00 pm there was the following motion:

 

MOTION FROM COUNCILLOR HUMAIRA ALI (Seconded by Councillor Graham Neale)

 

End our cladding, external wall fire review formEWS1 and snagging scandal

 

http://moderngov.southwark.gov.uk/documents/g6773/Public%20reports%20pack%20Wednesday%2025-Nov-2020%2019.00%20Council%20Assembly.pdf?T=10

 

See p23.

 

Following the meeting Cll Humaira Ali tweeted:

 

"Please note that the motion was passed amended so is slightly different to this but we wanted a bold start. Whilst somewhat watered down I’m grateful to Labour councillor colleagues for providing detail that only the administration can know to make this more practically viable."
More Information:

The Government clarified the EWS1 Regulations on 21 November.  See the press release below.

 

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-steps-in-to-help-homeowners-caught-up-in-ews1-process
Download
STRA Meeting re EWS1 12 Nov 2020
Notes of EWS1 Meeting.pdf
Adobe Acrobat Document 59.6 KB


Tower Bridge Court Construction Update


Shad Thames Community Support Group

Download
Shad Thames Community Support Group
BERMONDSEY SUPPORT FINAL[4].pdf
Adobe Acrobat Document 827.3 KB

What to do with a noise complaint

If you are troubled by noise

nuisance, the document opposite gives some advice from our local Councillors.

 

In addition it always helps to log your issue with STRA - just click here for more details.

Download
What to do with a noise complaint.pdf
Adobe Acrobat Document 112.5 KB


Facebook Group - 'Our Shad Thames'

Join our Facebook page, Our Shad Thames, to join in the conversation and see up to date news and comments - https://www.facebook.com/groups/shadthames/


Reporting anti-social behaviour

 

In order for the Police to have an accurate picture of anti-social behaviour in our local area, please use the link below for reporting anything you see:

 

 https://www.met.police.uk/ro/report/asb/asb/report-antisocial-behaviour/


Helicopter noise

At the STRA AGM a question was asked about what can be done about helicopter noise in the area.

 

Anood, our local Councillor, contacted Caroline Pidgeon at the GLA, and received the following reply.  Anood will follow up in the New Year.

 

You will see from the links below that this is a problem that is receiving London-wide attention.
 
"Caroline will indeed ask some Mayoral Questions in the New Year, however in the meantime I thought this information from her website might be useful.


http://www.carolinepidgeon.org/node/1019
 
Caroline also asked a couple of written Mayoral Questions back in September.   I thought they might be useful.
 
http://questions.london.gov.uk/QuestionSearch/searchclient/questions/question_289305
 
http://questions.london.gov.uk/QuestionSearch/searchclient/questions/question_289304
 
I also enclose a written Parliamentary Question asked by Tom Brake:
 
http://www.parliament.uk/business/publications/written-questions-answers-statements/written-question/Commons/2016-09-15/46592 "
 
Mark Morris
Office of Caroline Pidgeon AM
Liberal Democrat London Assembly Member
City Hall, The Queen's Walk, London SE1 2AA
Tel: 020 7983 4336
Mob: 07917214788
LD Tweet
Follow us on twitter:    
@CarolinePidgeon